In the Indirect Threat Care Phase, competitors will perform all the treatments comprised within the ITC phase of care. Competitors will be expected to complete a proper assessment, and treat all life threats found in the assessment, in accordance with the TECC Guidelines.
INDIRECT THREAT (IDT) / WARM ZONE CARE
1. Goals 1-4 as above with DTC care
2. Stabilize the casualty as required to permit safe extraction to dedicated treatment sector or medical evacuation assets
1. Maintain tactical supremacy and complete the overall mission.
2. As applicable, ensure safety of both first responders and casualties by rendering weapons safe and/or rendering any adjunct tactical gear safe for handling (flash bangs, gas canisters, etc).
3. Conduct dedicated patient assessment and initiate appropriate life-saving interventions as outlined in the ITC guidelines. DO NOT DELAY casualty extraction/evacuation for non life-saving interventions.
4. Consider establishing a casualty collection point if multiple casualties are encountered
5. Unless in a fixed casualty collection point, triage in this phase of care should be limited to the following categories:
a. Uninjured and/or capable of self-extraction
b. Deceased / expectant
c. All others
6. Establish communication with the tactical and/or command element and request or verify initiation of casualty extraction/evacuation.
7. Prepare casualties for extraction and document care rendered for continuity of care purposes.